Are you fascinated by organs and contemporary organ music?
Are you personable and well-spoken?
Want to host a podcast?
The Royal Canadian College of Organists is seeking a charismatic, informed, musically open-minded and highly professional host for its new FutureStops Podcast, which will explore the 21st century organ experience in all of its dimensions.
The FutureStops Podcast will focus on innovation, collaboration and experimentation in relation to the organ and will aim to reach both existing and new audiences for contemporary organ music.
If you’d like to be considered for this paid part-time position, and can commit a highly focused 10 - 12 hours per month to it, then please send us the following:
- a brief (no more than 10 minutes) sample audio interview of someone (music-related but not necessarily organ-related) that gives us a taste of the style and substance you would bring to the role of host
- links to your personal and/or professional social media profiles (if available) and a brief description of your familiarity with social media marketing and online community management (optional)
- a CV and brief bio
- a text of up to 500 words that briefly describes:
- your interpretation of the phrase The 21st Century Organ Experience
- your range of experience with contemporary music
- your knowledge of organs, organ music and the organ community
- any professional technical or journalistic experience you have that would equip you to produce the podcast (optional)
- why you would like to host this podcast
The successful candidate:
- will have a spirit of partnership and will genuinely want to work with Future Stops to deliver an amazing, world-class, audience-first show
- understands the craft of storytelling and the role of the interviewer
- knows how to listen, is curious, fast on their feet and comfortable going off-script, improvising and challenging guests if needed
* Demonstrated ability or experience working in audio is an asset.
Please email your application to Elizabeth Shannon at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 3, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Royal Canadian College of Organists is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.